Thursday 1 September 2011

I Wish My Dog Wouldn't Sleep on my Dining Room Table

(I realize this is my second post today.  Shut up.)

Pretty much every day when I get home from work, I see signs that lead me to believe that Blond Dog has been sleeping on the dining room table.

Makes sense, right?  I mean, of course the table is the most comfortable thing to sleep on.  The house is empty.  He could literally sleep anywhere he wants.  But the table is what he prefers.

To be fair (and I want to make sure that I AM being fair; I don't want Blond Dog to sue me for slandering his good name), he does also sleep on the back of the couch like a cat.



And it's really hard to get proof that he's actually been sleeping on the table.  Blond Dog is smart (Black Dog is not).  Plus, there are two cats that also could be knocking over the salt, pepper and wine bottles.  But I know it's him.  I just know it.

Yesterday I was sitting on the couch, most likely eating potato chips and reading cracked.com carrot sticks and reading "War and Peace".  Blond Dog was sitting in his usual chair in the dining room.  Yes, he sits on a chair.  Why wouldn't he?  I mean, he is pretty much a human.

Anyway, I just happened to look up as Blond Dog put his front paw on the table and started to climb up.  As soon as he realized I was watching him, he removed his foot, got off his chair, and pretended to go to sleep on the dog bed.

I already have one of these: a Scat Mat to keep him (and the other animals) off the table.  But I'm pretty sure that Girlfriend and I are the only ones who've been zapped.

I will keep you all posted on the constant battles with Blond Dog.

Now something randomly awesome:

I want to go to there. (yes, I realize you have to click the link to see what the hell I'm talking about)


No comments:

Post a Comment