- it took him more than a week to learn how to go down a set of stairs (he was more than four months old when we got him)
- an empty laundry basket placed in the hall will stop him from going any further
- he wasn't fully house trained until he was 3
- for more than 2 years he didn't realize that he could jump up on the bed (what he would do was stand on his hind legs and smack whoever he was closest to on the face. The bed hit him in the middle of the chest. He could practically lean over and end up on the bed. Instead he had to wait until one of us picked him up and put him on the bed.). When he finally learned how to do it, he had to take a running start. This involved leaving the bedroom and going down the hall. He would run into the room to the far side of the bed, stop, turn to face the bed and then jump.
Black Dog is very, very sweet:
- he loves to be hugged
- he wants to be cuddled every morning in bed
- he loves Orange Cat
Black Dog knows two commands: "Sit" and "Save Blond Dog".
Yes, Black Dog is becoming a rescue dog.
Blond Dog likes to do annoying things for attention. Like entering a room and shutting the door behind him. This forces Girlfriend or me to stop what we're doing and free Blond Dog from where ever he's trapped.
But now Black Dog does it for us. All we have to do is say "Where's Blond Dog? Go save Blond Dog" and Black Dog will get up, walk down the hall and rescue Blond Dog.
Now if I could just get him to stop Blond Dog from sleeping on the table....
As a follow-up to my post from the other day ("George Lucas Needs a Kick to the Nuts), enjoy this video: Darth Vader with additional dialogue