Tuesday 19 June 2012

Adventures in moving, part 1

I'd like to start off by apologizing for the lack of blog posts in the past few weeks. But there's a good reason for it.

Girlfriend and I are moving; since she's starting medical school in the fall, we've decided that we'll sell the house and move closer to the school.

Selling a house is horrible.

First you have to fix the place up. So all the little things you've been able to live with have to be repaired. All the things you keep meaning to do have to be done. And it takes time. A lot of time. And money (thankfully, not too much money).

And you have to keep the house clean. I feel like it's a ridiculous game: let's keep the house so clean that it looks like no one lives here. Which means sweeping and mopping every day. And hiding anything that might suggest that someone lives in the house.

It also means that I have to hide the dogs before anyone comes over.

Well, not really "hide". More like rush home from work, scoop the dogs into the car, and drive up to my parents' house for a few hours.

Adding to the general pain of house-selling is the fact that Girlfriend decided to go away for the week. And we just listed the house on Monday. Meaning that I am doing all the annoying little tasks on my own.

So, moral of the story is this: there won't be many blog posts in the next few weeks (well, maybe when I'm on vacation in a few days I'll be productive), and most of the posts will be about moving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment